Get an overview of the prerequisites for this course.
- [Instructor] This is an intermediate course intended … to help professional designers use … the Grasshopper plug-in for Rhino … as a platform for generative design. … If you're new to Grasshopper and Rhino, … you may want to review Rhino 6 Essential Training … and Grasshopper Essential Training. … If you're not a Rhino and Grasshopper user, … but are still interested in leveraging generative design … more effectively within your design practice, … you can still benefit from this course. … Specifically chapter one focuses … on generative design principles, … strategies and best practices. … …
- What is generative design?
- Limitations of generative design
- Strengths and limitations of genetic/evolutional solvers
- How physics solvers work
- Testing and adjusting goals
- Working with machine learning tools
- Design requirements and diagramming
- Optimizing with Galapagos
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Architectural Prototypingwith Walter Zesk2h 28m Intermediate
Learning Algorithmic Design with Grasshopperwith Chris Reilly3h 14m Intermediate
1. What Is Generative Design?
2. Genetic/Evolutional Solver Example
3. Physics Solver Example
4. Machine Learning Solver Example
5. Applying Generative Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.