Join Walter Zesk for an in-depth discussion in this video Versions and credits, part of Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecture.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course, … the videos will show demonstrations using Rhino 6, … with Grasshopper version 1.0. … You'll need Rhino and Grasshopper to open the exercise files … but it's not critical for you to use exactly … the same version of each. … If you have access to the exercise files for this course, … you can download them to your desktop. … Most videos have a single Grasshopper script file. … If you want to follow along, … you should have that file open in Grasshopper … as you begin the video. … In chapter three, we will walk through the process … of installing third party plug-ins, … which we'll use again in later videos. … Throughout this course we are extensively using … the Galapagos Evolutionary Solver, … the Kangaroo Physics Solver … and the LunchBox Machine Learning Tools. … Each of these has been developed and made freely available … to the generative design community by their authors. … My explanation and examples for each of these tool sets … is dependent in turn on the tremendous effort …
- What is generative design?
- Limitations of generative design
- Strengths and limitations of genetic/evolutional solvers
- How physics solvers work
- Testing and adjusting goals
- Working with machine learning tools
- Design requirements and diagramming
- Optimizing with Galapagos
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Architectural Prototypingwith Walter Zesk2h 28m Intermediate
Learning Algorithmic Design with Grasshopperwith Chris Reilly3h 14m Intermediate
1. What Is Generative Design?
2. Genetic/Evolutional Solver Example
3. Physics Solver Example
4. Machine Learning Solver Example
5. Applying Generative Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.