- What is Grasshopper?
- What's an algorithm?
- Setting input data
- Using data matching
- Looking at mathematical and logical functions
- Analyzing curves and surface data
- Working with transformations
- Manipulating the Data Tree
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Chris] Hi, I'm Chris Reilly and welcome to Up and Running with Grasshopper. Grasshopper is a plug-in for the Rhinoceros 3D modeling package and it gives us a powerful set of tools for visually creating and editing complex forms. In this course we'll explore algorithmic techniques for generating 3D geometry in Grasshopper. I'll start by showing you how to use simple math to quickly create complex forms. We'll look at converting random data into something more interesting. And I'll show you how to generate sophisticated forms using repetitions of simple shapes.
We'll be covering all of these techniques plus plenty of other tools and features. And before you know it you'll be a 3D algorithm wizard. So let's get started with Up and Running with Grasshopper.
2. Working in Grasshopper
3. Math and Logic Functions
4. Curves and Surfaces
6. Data Tree
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.