Join Chris Reilly for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing key components, part of Learning Algorithmic Design with Grasshopper.
- [Narrator] In the last video, … we wrapped up another of the major steps in our algorithm, … setting up this region difference component … to subtract the spline profiles … from the trapezoidal shelf profiles, … and in this video, I'd just like to do … a little bit of cleanup, and just make sure … that the correct components are getting previewed. … So, we're continuing on from where … we left off in the last video. … With my region difference component selected, … let's zoom in a little bit here in Rhino, … you can see I've got some other residual lines here, … and really, I'm only interested in these trapezoidal shapes … with the little notches cut out. … So, let's backtrack, and it looks like, … I think we've got a few components here … that we need to disable preview on. … So, I'm looking at the step where we are sorting out … corresponding profile edges and diagonals. … So, I'm going to go ahead and click on the merge, … and shift, click, grab all those items, … and just right click on the canvas, and say, "Preview off," …
- Planning for material depth and angled panel joints
- Working with Voronoi diagrams
- Drawing trapezoidal profiles
- Offsetting corner lines
- Drawing shelf and spline profiles
- Using Boolean operations
- Labeling panel profiles
- Creating 3D extrusions and panel arrays
- Using clusters to organize complex definitions
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper and Rhino: Python Scriptingwith Jeremy Graham5h 12m Intermediate
Grasshopper: Architectural Prototypingwith Walter Zesk2h 28m Intermediate
1. Design and Algorithm Planning
2. Creating Voronoi Diagrams
3. Drawing Shelf Profiles
4. Drawing Spline Profiles
5. Curve Boolean Operations
7. Creating 3D Extrusions and Panel Arrays
8. Working with Complex Definitions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.