Join Walter Zesk for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecture.
- [Walter] Generative design is not going anywhere. … The tools are becoming more accessible … and more widespread each year. … Creative process, particularly for large, complex assemblies … like buildings, is increasingly … a human-machine collaboration … whether we embrace that or not. … This course intended to clarify that partnership, … nailing you as a designer to maintain authorship … while fully leveraging the power of generative design. … Grasshopper is an incredible platform … for exploring generative design tools. … We merely dipped a toe into the vast array of plugins … being developed and maintained … by the Grasshopper community. … As you continue to explore generative design … within Grasshopper, I encourage you to engage … with that community in both the original Grasshopper forum … and the newer forum. … Hopefully, this course has provided you a framework … to more effectively incorporate the generative design tools … you discover into your design practice. … …
- What is generative design?
- Limitations of generative design
- Strengths and limitations of genetic/evolutional solvers
- How physics solvers work
- Testing and adjusting goals
- Working with machine learning tools
- Design requirements and diagramming
- Optimizing with Galapagos
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Architectural Prototypingwith Walter Zesk2h 28m Intermediate
Learning Algorithmic Design with Grasshopperwith Chris Reilly3h 14m Intermediate
1. What Is Generative Design?
2. Genetic/Evolutional Solver Example
3. Physics Solver Example
4. Machine Learning Solver Example
5. Applying Generative Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.