Join Walter Zesk for an in-depth discussion in this video ML structural regions, part of Grasshopper: Generative Design for Architecture.
- [Instructor] So I have the exercise file open already. So … in the process of implementing our generated design model. … We set up our site, our sine wave surface, we've used … the two to create a roof. Calculated fitness values and … optimized using Galapagos. Now we're going to set out a layout … for our structure. The idea is that we're going to create some … open spaces at the ground floor, that the structure … works round. … In order to do this we're going to use machine learning … and clustering. As inputs for this structural clustering … we're going to get the mesh and the offset surface from … our solution for our roof. So I'll go to Params Mesh and … Surface. And I'm pulling these out because this will end up … becoming another cluster, for the structural logic. … So I want to use the mesh faces and group those together … to create the logic for this structure layout. So for … each mesh face I'm going to get circumscribed circle around … the face, using face circles. There's a lot of different …
- What is generative design?
- Limitations of generative design
- Strengths and limitations of genetic/evolutional solvers
- How physics solvers work
- Testing and adjusting goals
- Working with machine learning tools
- Design requirements and diagramming
- Optimizing with Galapagos
Skill Level Intermediate
Grasshopper: Architectural Prototypingwith Walter Zesk2h 28m Intermediate
Learning Algorithmic Design with Grasshopperwith Chris Reilly3h 14m Intermediate
1. What Is Generative Design?
2. Genetic/Evolutional Solver Example
3. Physics Solver Example
4. Machine Learning Solver Example
5. Applying Generative Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.