Learn what the monoline trend is.
- As trends go, the use of monoline design…has probably been one of the most pervasive…and broadly adopted techniques…our industry has seen in decades.…When we refer to monoline,…it defines a class of marks…that are created in vector line form…with a consistent, non-variable stroke weight,…thus monoline.…Fields of tone have usually been removed,…and the marks are commonly…a simple black on white background,…but certainly iterations of this trend abound,…so color backgrounds are always in play.…
You may ask, "Why discuss a trend that's so ubiquitous?"…The reason is this technique is entrenched in our culture…far beyond the efforts of identity design.…It's indelibly emblazoned on our dashboards, buttons,…signage, user interfaces, clothing, tools, appliances,…and everywhere we need to communicate…with a universal icon,…all of which means, as designers,…we're compelled to find new ways of treating this style…and moving it forward as a trend…that will certainly register as a hallmark…of our generation.…
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How Trends Develop
2. Tracing the Evolution of Monoline
3. Tracing the Evolution of Transparency
4. Predicting the Future Paths of Trends
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.