Kohel answers the question, "Can zombies hold a copyright?"
- [Instructor] Copyright lawyer Kohel Haver…isn't just a good attorney, he's also very witty.…So in the process of asking him various copyright questions,…the topic of zombies and copyright came up.…And this may have inspired…the most important question of them all,…and that is what happens to your copyright…if you're bitten by a zombie?…Here's Kohel's response.…- [Kohel] Zombie question is a little bit more complicated…- Sure. - Because, technically,…you are not dead.…
So your copyright then would last forever,…plus 70 years.…- [Instructor] To sum up what Kohel said,…copyright is forever if you're a zombie,…plus 70 years.…And to come to think about it,…maybe this explains the Mickey Mouse question.…Who knows?…
- What's a copyright?
- What can you copyright?
- Registering a copyright
- How long does a copyright last?
- What's derivative work?
- Responding to infringement
- When to contact a lawyer
- Common copyright misconceptions
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Copyright for Photographerswith Carolyn E. Wright50m 54s Appropriate for all
Understanding Copyright: A Deeper Divewith Dana Robinson1h 12m Appropriate for all
1. What Is Copyright?
2. Copyright Registration
3. Copyright Infringers
4. Responding to Infringement
5. Common Copyright Misconceptions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.