Discover next trends that could grow out of monoline.
- There's such a rich array…of exceptional design…that's grown out of the most simple monoline aesthetic.…For sure we'll continue to see more marks…as straightforward and effective as this guy…but where to next>?…Maybe one of these mono-centric oddballs…will be somebody's inspiration.…Maybe lines will start to scale out…with layers or weave together with the strength…of textiles,…and maybe the patterns are rendered in mono…but they're layered and colored…to demonstrate a shift of process.…
Maybe that line work defines typography…or generous contours…or maybe we're looking the wrong way,…and mono becomes the hallmark…of handcrafted and decorative frills.…Now, this is the part…where I hand the tools over to you.…As much as I love identifying trends…and talking about their origin,…it's truly up to you to write the next chapter,…to use what you've learned here…to press an idea further,…to lean on the past for your foundation…but leap forward with that premise…and create the next iteration of identity design.…
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. How Trends Develop
2. Tracing the Evolution of Monoline
3. Tracing the Evolution of Transparency
4. Predicting the Future Paths of Trends
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.