Discover next trends that could grow out of monoline.
- There's such a rich array of exceptional design that's grown out of the most simple monoline aesthetic. For sure we'll continue to see more marks as straightforward and effective as this guy but where to next>? Maybe one of these mono-centric oddballs will be somebody's inspiration. Maybe lines will start to scale out with layers or weave together with the strength of textiles, and maybe the patterns are rendered in mono but they're layered and colored to demonstrate a shift of process.
Maybe that line work defines typography or generous contours or maybe we're looking the wrong way, and mono becomes the hallmark of handcrafted and decorative frills. Now, this is the part where I hand the tools over to you. As much as I love identifying trends and talking about their origin, it's truly up to you to write the next chapter, to use what you've learned here to press an idea further, to lean on the past for your foundation but leap forward with that premise and create the next iteration of identity design.
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends