Throughout this online course, Amy Balliett will cover a variety of topics, including background info in visual communication, how to identify visual campaign goals, and ultimately how to run a successful visual campaign. In this video, she outlines all of the types of information to expect in the remainder of the training.
- [Narrator] In this course, we'll discuss the science and demand behind visual communication, and how to harness this information to develop successful visual campaigns for all stakeholders. I'll start by providing a background on visual communication and visual campaigns. I'll provide reputable statistics to help guide your visual decisions and use real-life campaign examples to aid in understanding. Ill explain how to identify campaign goals, develop a content plan, and get buy-in from all stakeholders.
For the purpose of this course, I will refer to stakeholders primarily as your client. That said, campaign stakeholders might include your boss or colleagues as well. From there, I will provide a deep dive into visual language development which is the foundation of any successful campaign. As we dive deeper into the course, you'll learn tips and tricks to identify the best solutions for your campaign, add efficiencies, and ensure your clients are happy at every phase.
I'll also share with you some common pitfalls to avoid so you can lead with confidence from the beginning to the end. So, let's get started with developing visual campaigns.
In this course, Amy Balliett—CEO of the visual communications agency, Killer Infographics—provides an in-depth look behind the curtain of visual campaigns. She shares her experiences and the lessons she learned from developing over 100 visual campaigns for Fortune 1000 clients and nonprofits, explaining how to develop a successful campaign from start to finish. She walks through how to concept and plan a campaign, and how to pitch that campaign to clients and colleagues. Amy also takes you through how to develop a visual language to guide your campaign, and shares how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Defining visual communication today
- Understanding why visual content is in high demand
- Defining a visual campaign
- Pitching your campaign
- Developing a creative brief
- Brainstorming your creative direction
- Presenting a pitch
- Finalizing direction and getting buy-in
- Developing a visual language
- Developing an illustration style
- Presenting your visual language
- Letting data drive your content
- Avoiding pitfalls