Trace the evolution of some specific logo trends so you can learn how to predict the future paths current logo trends could take, gaining an edge over your design competition.
- Who hasn't spent a few minutes here or there thinking about what it would be like to know the future? Maybe to leap forward a year or two, and see what's on the horizon before the rest of the world catches up with us. What an amazing prospect, and without wormholes or a time travel vortex, this course just might help you to project forward and pioneer new pathways for the evolution of design. Turn on your Design Maven skills as we tune you in to identifying trends past, present, and right into the future.
You'll learn what to look for, and to start to see just how trends influence each other. We'll identify the three-step process for aligning current and past trends, to serve as a slingshot into the future. Most importantly, we'll demystify the design evolution process and teach you how to advance new iterations through linear, adaptive, and fusion design. Expect to thoroughly explore two of the most pervasive logo design evolutions driving design today.
Discover the unassuming genesis, and the prolific rise of monoline design, how it continues to replicate and reinvent itself with infinite varieties, and how it continues as a perfect medium for the simple to complex, traditional, geometric, typographic, and on into areas yet to be defined. Then, as easy as that, we'll mirror the revolution that made transparency the universal logo ingredient. Learn how it burst into prominence nearly overnight, and how designers harnessed and adapted these unique crystal-clear qualities.
Understand the nuances of sequencing these vivid layers, and prepare for the metamorphosis of this technique as it assumes dramatic dimensional qualities. See the effect of giving consumers x-ray eyes, and watch our industry merge this trend right into reality. We'll share resources to create your own trendspotting foundation, and all while stocking your design lab with the tools to crest you to the new horizons of tomorrow's trends. Enough with dreaming about it.
The future of identity is here. Let's go design it.
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends