Learn what makes simple box mockups challenging to create.
- Now that you've mastered a 3D mockup of a cylinder, let's try something a little more complex. This is likely where you're going to learn the most important thing out of this course. Creating box mockups, whether big or small, is a challenge. It takes precision, patience, and a steady hand because cutting and scoring have to be precise in order for your mockup to look great. So I'm going to teach you several things here, but the most important thing that you're going to learn, after you're done watching this course, is patience.
And I say that because you're going to make mistakes over and over again. So don't get frustrated with yourself. It's all part of the learning process. And really, the only difference between a larger box and a smaller box is the thickness of the paper that you might use and the obvious fact that making something small is equivalent to working with miniatures. And that's probably just fine if you've got small hands and nimble fingers, but I don't, so I find it to be a little bit challenging.
- Making templates
- Taking measurements
- Preparing digital layouts to make mockups
- Printing designs for each mockup
- Sourcing materials
- Photographing mockups
- Retouching and adjusting mockup photos
- Presenting physical and digital mockups