Learn about Kohel Haver's quick response kit, which has pre-fabricated letters for various types of infringement and a step-by-step guide for registering.
- [Narrator] Copyright infringement is an unfortunate…reality for any industry, and unlike a lot of industries,…ours is so closely associated with creative expression…that it makes dealing with infringement a very frustrating…and distinctly personal experience.…So having a strategy to deal with copyright infringement…when it happens will make it less of a hassle to deal with.…I want to help you in this effort,…so I've created what I'm calling a Quick Response Kit.…
It's a simple resource that will make it easier…to respond to copyright infringement.…For example, let's say you're online,…and you discover an infringement of your work.…Based on the infringer type, you can go…to the Quick Response Kit,…and choose the pre-fabricated form needed.…Maybe it's a DMCA response letter.…Fill it out, and include a copy…of your Copyright Certificate of Registration…and any other info that reinforces your demands.…
Then you simply send it to the infringing party,…and hopefully the copyright infringement…is going to be happily resolved.…
- What's a copyright?
- What can you copyright?
- Registering a copyright
- How long does a copyright last?
- What's derivative work?
- Responding to infringement
- When to contact a lawyer
- Common copyright misconceptions
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Copyright for Photographerswith Carolyn E. Wright50m 54s Appropriate for all
Understanding Copyright: A Deeper Divewith Dana Robinson1h 12m Appropriate for all
1. What Is Copyright?
2. Copyright Registration
3. Copyright Infringers
4. Responding to Infringement
5. Common Copyright Misconceptions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.