- What's a copyright?
- What can you copyright?
- Registering a copyright
- How long does a copyright last?
- What's derivative work?
- Responding to infringement
- When to contact a lawyer
- Common copyright misconceptions
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Instructor] If you're like most creative people, you're passionate about your artwork and design. You enjoy the creative process that brings your ideas to life and you're excited to share your work with the world via your website and social media, but then at some point it happens. You become aware that your work is being used by an individual or company without your permission and you're faced with the reality that your copyright has been infringed. What do you do? How do you respond? What steps do you need to take to resolve this? In this course, I'll be covering simple methods to protect your intellectual property, respond to those ripping you off, and tap the knowledgebase of a copyright attorney I use to answer and demystify common misperceptions related to copyright law.
Let's get started.
Copyright for Photographerswith Carolyn E. Wright50m 54s Appropriate for all
Understanding Copyright: A Deeper Divewith Dana Robinson1h 12m Appropriate for all
1. What Is Copyright?
2. Copyright Registration
3. Copyright Infringers
4. Responding to Infringement
5. Common Copyright Misconceptions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.