- Embedding displacement maps directly inside in a Smart Object
- Professional-level control over Content-Aware Fill
- Undoing and redoing multiple operations
- Proportional scaling
- Calculating size adjustments
- Restoring a reference point during a transform
- Using the HSB color wheel
- Hovering to preview blend modes
- Painting symmetrically
- Flipping a view temporarily
- Making custom shortcuts for a workspace
- Using the Frame tool
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Dick McClelland. Welcome to Photoshop CC 2019 new features. Now Photoshop CC 2019 happens to be version 20 of one of the most powerful and popular computer applications on the planet. And it has a lot going for it. For starters, it adds the game-changing, content-aware-filled task space, which allows you to specify the areas from which Photoshop samples its fill data as well as preview the results in real time.
It sports a revamped implementation of multiple undo's in which Control or Command + Z steps backward, and Control + Shift or Command + Shift + Z steps forward, all without abandoning a single history state. The free transform and place commands now scale proportionally by default. The layers panel now previews blend modes on the fly, which means you can try out a blend mode just by hovering over it. You can paint multiple symmetrical brushstrokes at a single time around multiple axes.
You can select colors with the help of an HSB, that is hue saturation brightness, color wheel. You can flip your view of the image horizontally; perfect when retouching faces. And Photoshop now does basic arithmetic such as multiply and divide, just like Illustrator and InDesign. Suffice it to say, this is one ambitious update; and I cannot wait to share it with you.