Join Jim Heid for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Creative Pro Careers: Staying Ahead.
- So you got all that? Yeah, we covered a lot of different fields in this short course. And each field is filled with its own technicalities, its own set of tools, and its own creative options. As I said early on, to stay ahead as a creative pro, you should aim for being a jack of all trades, and a master of one, or maybe some. Have a deep knowledge of the areas you specialize in, and enough knowledge of the other fields to be able to collaborate with their specialists. As you explore our library, you may wonder where to begin.
Besides the courses we've highlighted here, be sure to check out our learning paths. Each one is a curated list of the courses that we recommend for becoming a specific type of creative pro. And don't miss our weekly series, where our instructors share tips and techniques that you can learn whenever you have a few extra minutes. And finally, explore beyond our creative library. Today's creative pros need business skills too. They'll help you position yourself competitively to manage your time, to communicate well, to turn a profit, and to employ the latest and greatest productivity tools.
We also have courses on copyright and intellectual property. Critically important issues to protect your work and others. And in our tech library, you'll find courses that teach coding and web and app development. You'll also find courses on data science to help you analyze the data that your website is collecting. Even just browsing parts of these courses will help you become a more well-rounded creative pro. And these days, being as well-rounded as you can, being able to look at least presentable wearing a lot of different hats is the smartest strategy a creative professional can have.
I'm Jim Heid, thanks for watching, and I'll see you in the library.
- Identifying essential creative professional skills
- Reviewing different creative tools
- Learning about the field of graphic design
- Working in the photography and video fields
- Working with audio and music
- Reviewing motion graphics and 3D animation
- Working in UX and web design