Learn how and why monoline morphed into crests.
- There have been so many iterations of monoline design…and as prolific as they've been, I consider…all of these still to be active.…That means that the examples we show here are still evolving…with plenty of opportunity for you to latch on…and direct them to their next iteration.…Remember that one of the new trends spawned from monoline…was monocrest and I think it was a pretty natural evolution.…Designers admiring the monoline aesthetic paired it…with the crest as their two current logo styles…and selected fusion as their path of iteration.…
Though, they can be dramatic in variation,…design terminology usually considers a crest or a badge…to be a mark composed of a variety of images,…type, dates or other elements brought together…in a single graphic container.…Because a crest can be packed with components.…A logo designer is put to the test finding a way…to marry so much into a small package.…Using this single line weight to craft out a crest,…maximizes the negative space…and makes the final product much less…
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How Trends Develop
2. Tracing the Evolution of Monoline
3. Tracing the Evolution of Transparency
4. Predicting the Future Paths of Trends
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.