Learn about the evolution of transparency.
- This might be an excellent opportunity…to clarify the idea of transparency…as it applies to logo design,…or to any design for print and digital.…Shhh, it's not really transparent.…Now, we may not be far from just that possibility…but put that on your bucket list and…give me some credit when it happens.…When we create using transparent design…we're really only presenting the illusion of it.…Sometimes the word illusion may be a bit generous,…like the 1969 design created for Master Charge,…as an international charge card…as it was called at the time.…
as it was called at the time.…There was a desire to show that it was accepted worldwide,…in the east, symbolized by the red circle…for the Japanese flag.…And in the west as represented by the golden sun.…The boldest move of the time was to show a union of cultures…with the transparent orange in the Venn diagram…intersection of the two.…A pretty gutsy move for a time when a broad variety…of half-tone in printing decisions had to be made…to maintain the integrity of a three-tone logo.…
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Intermediate
1. How Trends Develop
2. Tracing the Evolution of Monoline
3. Tracing the Evolution of Transparency
4. Predicting the Future Paths of Trends
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.