Learn about the evolution of monoline.
- It's so important to understand the background…that lays the foundation for anything we design.…It provides us with a chance to be knowledgeable…when presenting to a client or our peers.…But most importantly,…it preempts us from staggering backwards…and perpetuating the past.…It provides us a glimpse of those possibilities unrealized,…and where we'll trend in the future.…Were the legendary designer Paul Rand alive today,…he'd either feel vindicated or much at home…with the use of monoline design.…
He was way ahead of his time in the 50's and the 60's…as he used the technique and the iterations of it…for Yale Press, UPS and the wonderful continuous line mark…for Wallace Puppets.…Puppets on a string, and he got that.…But the infatuation with monoline…wouldn't really take off until technology caught up with it.…Pre-computers, the creation of a single weight line,…meant using mechanical pens,…which were temperamental at best.…And the results were no friends of editing.…
Computers, on the other hand, loved vector line work.…
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. How Trends Develop
2. Tracing the Evolution of Monoline
3. Tracing the Evolution of Transparency
4. Predicting the Future Paths of Trends
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.