Learn about the fanatic infringer with samples and information.
- [Narrator] The fourth category of infringer is fanatics.…These are individuals who put the fringe…in the word infringer.…These individuals love your work so much,…they're willing to make a lifetime commitment to it.…Lovable thieves, if you will.…They hunt for artwork online that aligns…with their personal aesthetics,…and then they use it to get a tattoo done.…Out of all the infringer types,…these are the rarest breed of all.…
And I must admit they do entertain me.…This is why I refer to this form of views…as flattering copyright infringement.…This is a person who wants a tattoo…and he accesses and downloads your artwork.…They take it to a tattoo shop…and then they get it inked on their body.…I admire their artistic commitment,…I can't even commit to my own artwork…in such a permanent way,…I'm also a weenie and wouldn't want to put up with…the pain of getting a tattoo either.…
I only respond to these type of infringements…if they risk creating other infringements.…Such as a tattoo shop selling the design as their own.…
- What's a copyright?
- What can you copyright?
- Registering a copyright
- How long does a copyright last?
- What's derivative work?
- Responding to infringement
- When to contact a lawyer
- Common copyright misconceptions
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Copyright for Photographerswith Carolyn E. Wright50m 58s Appropriate for all
Understanding Copyright: A Deeper Divewith Dana Robinson1h 12m Appropriate for all
1. What Is Copyright?
2. Copyright Registration
3. Copyright Infringers
4. Responding to Infringement
5. Common Copyright Misconceptions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.