Receive an overview of DMCA and copyright in general, and listen to Kohel Haver define what a copyright is.
- [Instructor] Before we dive into the topic of copyright,…we need to define it first.…In this course, you're going to hear me…reference the digital millennial copyright act a lot.…I'll refer to it as the DMCA.…It's the legislation that…gives us the ability to protect our work.…It's not perfect.…It has it's flaws,…but it's the means by which…we can respond to infringement.…So, what is copyright?…Well, here's design I created.…
The one on the left doesn't have any copyright information,…and the one on the right does.…So which one of these two images…do you think are protected by copyright?…Well, in reality both of them are.…They're both protected.…They don't need a legal line to be copyright protected.…Why is that?…Well, it comes down to this simple fact.…If you created it, you own the copyright, period.…Copyright is that simple.…
So copyright applies to the individual,…if you created it, you own the copyright by default.…It's not something given you via government registration.…Copyright also applies to a company.…
- What's a copyright?
- What can you copyright?
- Registering a copyright
- How long does a copyright last?
- What's derivative work?
- Responding to infringement
- When to contact a lawyer
- Common copyright misconceptions
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Copyright for Photographerswith Carolyn E. Wright50m 54s Appropriate for all
Understanding Copyright: A Deeper Divewith Dana Robinson1h 12m Appropriate for all
1. What Is Copyright?
2. Copyright Registration
3. Copyright Infringers
4. Responding to Infringement
5. Common Copyright Misconceptions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.