- Identifying essential creative professional skills
- Reviewing different creative tools
- Learning about the field of graphic design
- Working in the photography and video fields
- Working with audio and music
- Reviewing motion graphics and 3D animation
- Working in UX and web design
Skill Level Intermediate
- This is a great time to be a creative professional. Companies and organizations of all kind need creative content of all kinds, to sell products and services, to teach and train people, and to tell stories and promote ideas and causes of all kinds. The tools are more powerful than ever, and the internet has broken down distribution barriers and given everyone a global audience. Hi I'm Jim Heid. I've worked in a variety of creative fields over the course of my career. Everything from setting type to editing video, to creating content for magazines, newspapers, websites, and DVDs.
I've worn a lot of different hats. And in that regard, I suspect we have a lot in common. The fact is, the most successful creative pros these days have experience and skills in many different creative disciplines. This diversity is one of the keys to staying ahead as a creative pro. This course is a high-level overview of some of the most popular creative fields. We'll look at the tools that today's creative pros are using for various kinds of work. We'll look at the skills that you'll need to get the most out of those tools, and at the courses we have for learning both.
This theme of tools plus skills will surface again and again throughout this course, and for a good reason. Every creative field is a mix of science and art. A combination of the tools in your hand and the creativity that's in your head and in your heart. The courses in our library address both parts of this equation. And with that in mind, let's start exploring them.