Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting with the author, part of Social Media for Graphic Designers.
- [Instructor] Before the dawn of social media, I was very active in several design forums online. And if I go even further back to the early '90s, I was dialing into to connect to the internet using AOL, that's America Online, in order to post comments and share information in their chat rooms and bulletin boards. So when social media came around, it was easy for me, and many others familiar with screen names and online personas to adapt to a new form of personal communication.
I invite you to connect with me by bookmarking my website, as shown here, my Glitschka Studios website, or you can even add this site to your RSS feed, and that'll give you a notification whenever I post new work or make updates. You can also connect with me on my Glitschka Studios Facebook page. Now I post the same type of project information here, and other resources and links that you can see going forward. So make sure to connect with me on this Facebook page, or you can connect with me on another Facebook page called Drawing Vector Graphics.
This is the one that I use in support with my Lynda content, and just share general vector basic information, cool artwork, and resources, links, you name it. It's all over the map in terms of building vector artwork. So make sure to check that one as well, or you can follow me on Twitter. This is my Twitter page here. One of my favorite forms of social media, I should point out. Or you can follow me on Instagram. This is where I share a lot of photographs about my process, and basically my daily creative work, I share sneak peaks here.
Or you can follow me on Behance, this is where I post a lot of information about various projects I'm working on. I also have a running one called, Drawing Vector Graphics Laboratory, which documents each new weekly movie I create and post, and you can find that information there as well. You can also follow me on LinkedIn. This is my LinkedIn profile page here. And lastly, you can follow me on Dribbble, where I post a lot of the same information, from all the various social media sites, on this one site as well.
If you choose to follow or connect with me on any of these platforms, don't be surprised if you see sneak peaks of future courses, processed shots of ongoing client projects of mine, bad jokes, memes, and possibly a few rants about crashing software. That's always a fun one. I always try to follow back and I look forward to communicating with you on whatever social media platform you prefer.
- Understanding social media for business
- Branding yourself on social media
- The role of your website in social media
- Social media image sizes
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram strategies for designers
- Understanding Behance
- Using LinkedIn