Get the chance to predict a trend from the example given.
- We've had good fun looking at far too many logos,…and I'm sure your mind is swimming with ideas.…Feel free to go back to the Design is Evolutionary movie.…It was pretty intense…but it really is the core of evolving trends…in this process.…Let's try a challenge here…to put your new knowledge to work.…We identified three general pathways of evolution…that we've demonstrated throughout.…A linear evolution utilizes the same effect…with modest variation.…
Adaptation evolves a similar aesthetic…using a modified technique.…And fusion marries two or more trends…to create an amalgam.…Your challenge here is to look at the three sequences…we started below,…and to complete them using logos A, B or C.…When they're properly placed…you should have a linear, an adaptation…and a fusion version of trend evolution.…
This should only take a moment…and once done, let's catch back up…in the solution movie and we can compare our answers.…
- The evolution of logo trends
- Examining the monoline trend
- Crests and geodimensional objects
- Examining the transparency trend
- Overlapping objects
- Geometric dimensional
- Real life dimensional
- Putting trend spotting into practice
- Predicting trends
Skill Level Appropriate for all
LogoLounge: Shapes and Symbols in Logo Designwith Bill Gardner1h 41m Intermediate
1. How Trends Develop
2. Tracing the Evolution of Monoline
3. Tracing the Evolution of Transparency
4. Predicting the Future Paths of Trends
Next steps2m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.