In this video Emmanuel Henri goes through ta basic GraphQL setup using npm, Express, and GraphQL libraries. Finally he codes the first server, runs GraphQL, and does a first query.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our base server set up,…let's add GraphQL to it.…The first thing I want to do is kind of change the name…of our folder here, because we're using GraphQL,…and when the dependencies are installed,…it's going to refuse to install GraphQL…if our folder is actually named GraphQL.…You can name it anything you want.…I'm simply going go add an _essential,…or even do essentials instead, like that,…so we won't have any issues.…OK, so let's go back into our folder here,…and let's make sure we are loading the right ones.…
All right, so the next thing I want to do…is create a new file, so use whatever function you used…in the past videos to create a new file,…and we'll call this file schema.js.…This is going to be our first schema.…In that file, what I want you to do…is basically import buildSchema from graphql,…and we'll install the dependencies in a second.…Then I want you to create an object which is called schema,…and we'll use the function buildSchema…that we just imported, like so,…and then use the template strings,…
- Basic GraphQL schema
- Object types and fields
- Role of the resolver in GraphQL
- Scalar and enumeration types
- Using GraphQL tools
- Setting up persistence
- Adding new items with mutations
- Updating and deleting items with mutations
- Queries with arguments, aliases, and fragments
Skill Level Intermediate
GraphQL: Data Fetching with Relaywith Emmanuel Henri2h 28m Intermediate
1. Setup and Introduction
2. Types and Schemas
3. Setting Up Persistence
5. Queries in Depth
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.