In this video Emmanuel Henri shows you where to find the exercise files, and how to use them if you get lost while doing the course project.
- [Instructor] I recommend that you use the exercise files to help you get up and running quickly. To get them, on the course page simply click on the tab named exercise files, then download the zip file. Then simply extract the zip file, and move the folder to your desktop. Once you have those files on your desktop, simply click on exercise files, then click on the chapter you're in, and then the video. Then use the start state or the end state. And basically the start state is going to be at the start of the video, and the end state is at the end.
So this is the code how it should be when we get to the end of that video. Let me demonstrate how you would use the files. So go into your code editor, in this case Visual Studio Code. Use explorer to open the folder, and in this case let's use, yeah, let's use that file. So two, and then go to the end, open like so. Then open your integrated terminal. Do an npm install like so, so it installs all the dependencies mentioned in the package.json.
Then simply do npm start, and you're up and running. If you see this successfully running, then you are good.
- Basic GraphQL schema
- Object types and fields
- Role of the resolver in GraphQL
- Scalar and enumeration types
- Using GraphQL tools
- Setting up persistence
- Adding new items with mutations
- Updating and deleting items with mutations
- Queries with arguments, aliases, and fragments