In this video Emmanuel Henri demonstrates what aliases are and how to use them in your GraphQL queries.
- Aliases is a feature that comes…right out of the box with GraphQL,…and doesn't require any coding.…It is basically a way do multiple queries,…and name them with anything you want to properly label them.…Let me demonstrate, so right now…we only have one item in our database.…If we take a look at the database on Robo T,…so we refresh, and go to our friends, we only have one item.…So, we won't be able to do aliases…if we don't have more than one item,…so let's go ahead and add a few.…
Let's use history for that.…Let's go to mutation, create friend,…and let's recreate this guy here.…So that's cool, we already have something we can recreate,…and let's add a third one.…Let's add "Stephanie Smoochyish,"…and she's a female, and she's 32, and she speaks English.…
Alright, so let's create this one,…and we've got three items in our database.…Let's make sure by going to Robo T,…and we've got our three items here, perfect.…Let's go in document mode because we'll need to…copy and paste at least the IDs.…Let's go and copy the first one,…
- Basic GraphQL schema
- Object types and fields
- Role of the resolver in GraphQL
- Scalar and enumeration types
- Using GraphQL tools
- Setting up persistence
- Adding new items with mutations
- Updating and deleting items with mutations
- Queries with arguments, aliases, and fragments
Skill Level Intermediate
GraphQL: Data Fetching with Relaywith Emmanuel Henri2h 28m Advanced
1. Setup and Introduction
2. Types and Schemas
3. Setting Up Persistence
5. Queries in Depth
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.