In this video Emmanuel Henri installs the required dependencies to start working with MongoDB in future videos. He first installs Mongo and starts it, and then adds Mongoose to the dependencies.
- [Instructor] Right now our data is only saved in memory…and when we stop,…the server would lose any data persistence.…So with our GraphQL server up and running…and now with some knowledge about how it works,…let's add data persistence with MongoDB.…So let's go ahead and first go to mongodb.com…and then scroll all the way down…and click on installation here…and then install MongoDB Community Edition…and then select the operating system you're running on.…
So if you're running on Windows, click on this one.…If you're running on Linux, click on this one.…If you're having any issues with any other installations,…follow the step-by-step for the operating system…and you should be fine.…So in our case,…we'll use Homebrew to install the Community Edition…and then we'll do a couple commands that are required…in order to make MongoDB run.…So let's go ahead and first install Homebrew.…So I'm assuming you don't have Homebrew…so that's exactly what we're going to do.…
So on brew.sh, so this is where you need to go,…basically copy the line here…
- Basic GraphQL schema
- Object types and fields
- Role of the resolver in GraphQL
- Scalar and enumeration types
- Using GraphQL tools
- Setting up persistence
- Adding new items with mutations
- Updating and deleting items with mutations
- Queries with arguments, aliases, and fragments
Skill Level Intermediate
GraphQL: Data Fetching with Relaywith Emmanuel Henri2h 28m Intermediate
1. Setup and Introduction
2. Types and Schemas
3. Setting Up Persistence
5. Queries in Depth
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.