Learn how Google+ communities work
- [Voiceover] One of the features that separates…Google Plus from other social networks…such as Facebook and Twitter is the ability…that it gives its user to categorize their posts…and put those posts in a place where…people who are interested in the same topic will see them.…One of the ways that you could do…that on Google Plus is by using collections.…And that's what we're going to talk about in this video.…I am also going to be mentioning Communities…quite a bit in this video because…they are very closely related and I want…to compare and contrast between…the two different features of Google Plus.…
So you can see right from here, from our Google Plus…profile page, we have the ability to create…collections down here at the bottom.…And collections allow a single user on Google Plus…to categorize their posts into specific topics.…So, as a veterinary clinic on Google Plus,…I might create a collection for each…of the type of animals that we see…and then as I post, maybe, tips for keeping your dog healthy…I will add that to the dogs collection.…
Discover why Google+ is so crucial to businesses and exactly what goes into a great Google+ business page. Explore the social media platform's community, including Google+ circles, and find out how to develop engaging posts, use notifications and Google Insights to measure engagement, and manage comments and reviews.
- Why Google+?
- Creating a Google+ business page
- Adding photos to your profile
- Participating in the Google+ community, including circles
- Posting to Google+
- Commenting on Google+
- Using Google Insights
- Managing reviews
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/28/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers how to leverage Google+ events.
1. Getting to Know Google+
2. Configuring Google My Business
Adding business information4m 49s
3. Getting Started with Google+
4. Discovering the Google+ Community
5. Posting to Google+
6. Configuring Google+ Settings
Profile and stream settings4m 10s
7. Optimizing Google+ for Business
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.