Learn about the connection and synergy between Google+ and Google My Business
- [Voiceover] It's important to discuss the difference…between Google+ and Google My Business.…They are two separate products, but they have a lot…of overlapping features.…And throughout this course, I'll be mentioning…Google My Business, and we will even venture…into the Google My Business platform from time to time.…A good way to think of the two is to think of Google+…as your public profile that users see and that…you can share photos, videos, and status updates with.…Google My Business is the behind the scenes platform…that allows you to customize your organization's contact…and location information, as well as add…multiple managers to your Google+ page.…
Google doesn't always do the best job of making clear…separations between its products.…And the relationship between Google+ business pages…and Google My Business is a great example…of one of those situations.…If you follow along with the course, you should learn…when you need to be in Google+ to accomplish…the task at hand, and when you should move on over…
Discover why Google+ is so crucial to businesses and exactly what goes into a great Google+ business page. Explore the social media platform's community, including Google+ circles, and find out how to develop engaging posts, use notifications and Google Insights to measure engagement, and manage comments and reviews.
- Why Google+?
- Creating a Google+ business page
- Adding photos to your profile
- Participating in the Google+ community, including circles
- Posting to Google+
- Commenting on Google+
- Using Google Insights
- Managing reviews
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/28/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers how to leverage Google+ events.
1. Getting to Know Google+
2. Configuring Google My Business
Adding business information4m 49s
3. Getting Started with Google+
4. Discovering the Google+ Community
5. Posting to Google+
6. Configuring Google+ Settings
Profile and stream settings4m 10s
7. Optimizing Google+ for Business
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.