Learn how to configure the Google+ profile and stream settings
- [Voiceover] We've covered some of the general…Google+ settings in the course so far,…but in this video we're going to take a look…at the Profile and Stream settings.…So to access this section of Google+,…I just used the left navigation, and I clicked on Settings.…And we'll just scroll down a little bit,…to the Profile section.…So there are a number of different settings…in this section, and let's take a look at a few of them.…The first one, Show how many times…your profile and content have been viewed.…This one basically means that when somebody…accesses your Google+ business page,…it will show people how many other people…have viewed your page and how many times…your content has been viewed.…
Here's what I recommend for this setting.…I recommend that if you're new on Google+…and you haven't been on it very long,…that you turn this setting off…because somebody's going to come to your business page…and say "hey, it's only been viewed six times,…"there must not be anything interesting here,…"I'm gong to go elsewhere."…
Discover why Google+ is so crucial to businesses and exactly what goes into a great Google+ business page. Explore the social media platform's community, including Google+ circles, and find out how to develop engaging posts, use notifications and Google Insights to measure engagement, and manage comments and reviews.
- Why Google+?
- Creating a Google+ business page
- Adding photos to your profile
- Participating in the Google+ community, including circles
- Posting to Google+
- Commenting on Google+
- Using Google Insights
- Managing reviews
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 02/28/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers how to leverage Google+ events.
1. Getting to Know Google+
2. Configuring Google My Business
Adding business information4m 49s
3. Getting Started with Google+
4. Discovering the Google+ Community
5. Posting to Google+
6. Configuring Google+ Settings
Profile and stream settings4m 10s
7. Optimizing Google+ for Business
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.