Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Switching phones on the fly during a conversation, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- You can switch phones on the fly…while you're in the middle of a conversation.…Call switching only works for incoming calls.…Just like it did with call recording and conference calling.…You can't do this if you made an outgoing call…to somebody else.…To use call switching, you first have to enable it.…To do that, click the gear icon on the top right hand side…of the screen and go into Settings.…Change to the Calls tab, and once more,…make sure you have the checkbox next to Call Options.…
This enables call recording, conference calling,…and call switching.…Also, if you ever forget what the key combination is…that you're supposed to press on the keypad,…you can always come back here into Call Options.…For example, like we just learned in a previous video,…to record a phone conversation, hit 4 on the keypad.…In a similar fashion, to change phones while you're…in the middle of a phone conversation,…hit the asterisk key, that is the star key,…on your phone's keypad.…It's then going to ring all your other phones…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.