Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting your voicemail greeting, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- I've activated voicemail on this phone.…Now let's work on our voicemail greeting.…I'm already in Settings but to get here if you aren't…click the gear icon on the top right-hand side…and choose settings.…From here, click on the Voicemail & Text tab.…By default, Google Voice uses a system standard greeting.…To hear what everyone else hears when they call you…and get your voicemail, click play.…- The Google subscriber you have called is not available.…
Please leave a message after the tone.…- To record a new greeting, click Record New Greeting.…The first thing you need to do is give your greeting a name.…I'll give it the name Jess…and I'll make this the default greeting…for anybody that calls me.…Click continue…and Google will use my mobile phone to record the message.…It doesn't use a microphone hooked up to my computer.…So I'm gonna allow Google to call my phone.…
I'll click the Connect button…and I'll wait for my mobile phone to ring.…- Greeting after the tone.…When you're finished, press pound.…- Hi, you've reached Jess.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.