Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up Google Voice with your Android phone, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- A benefit to using Google Voice with your Android phone,…is its support for it is natively built in…to the phone's operating system.…That is, you can choose to make every outgoing call…automatically be from your Google Voice number,…not your carrier's regular number.…Though it can be integrated,…you'll still first need to install…the Google Voice app from the Play Store.…Download the app, install it, launch it,…and then tap "next."…You'll be prompted to first sign in with your Google account…that you use with Google Voice.…
Select your account and then tap "sign in."…After that, you're almost done. Tap "next."…You'll need to choose how you want to make outgoing calls.…You can choose to use Google Voice…to make all your outgoing calls, that is,…your caller id will be shown as your Google number.…You can make no outgoing calls with Google Voice.…You can use it for just your international calls…and finally, you can be prompted…with each outgoing call.…
Make your choice, and tap "next."…You'll be prompted to set up your voice mailbox.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.