Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting call options, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- After setting your voice mail greeting,…it's important to set your call options…so Google Voice knows what to do…when people call your phones.…Click the gear icon on the right-hand side,…choose settings, and from here,…click the calls tab.…By default, Google turns on a great feature…called call screening.…Call screening means that any…call will be announced to you and will let you…listen in while somebody's leaving you a message.…
From there, you can decide whether or not…you want to answer the call…and start talking with the person.…You can also ask unknown callers to say their name.…If you don't want this to happen,…uncheck the option.…To turn call screening off,…simply click the off radio button.…You can also choose to display incoming calls…by their number or to simply display…your Google Voice number.…You can also enable something…called do not disturb, which will mean…all your calls will go directly to voice mail.…
You can even set the duration for this feature,…for example, if you're going into a long meeting…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.