Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending a text message, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- You can send and receive text messages…through the Google Voice interface.…While you can receive text messages…from international numbers, currently,…you can only send an outgoing text message…to phone numbers in the United States or Canada.…Also, as of this recording,…you can't send photos; only text.…To send a text message, click the red Text button,…enter the number that you want to text,…and type your message.…You can also add multiple recipients, up to five,…by separating the numbers with a comma.…
When you're ready to send your message, click Send,…and your text has been sent.…You can also directly reply to a voicemail by a text message…by clicking the Text link underneath the voicemail itself.…Type your message, click Send, and off it goes.…There are some other ways that you can get text messages.…You can get them directly to your mobile phone.…Click the gear icon on the top right hand side…of the screen, enter Settings,…and next to your mobile phone,…make sure there's a check box next to…Receive text messages on this phone.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 13m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.