Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Responding to voicemails, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- View Offline
- You can respond to voicemails directly…from your Google Voice inbox.…Underneath the voicemail that you want to respond to…you can decide whether or not you…want to call the person or send them a text message.…To send them a text message,…click the text link, underneath their voicemail.…Type your message and hit send.…The message will be sent to the number…that they called you from.…To call the person back,…click the call link underneath their voicemail.…I'll be going over how to make a phone call…in a later video.…
But for now, let's go over your options.…You can choose the phone to call with,…either your mobile, you home land line,…or any other phone line that you've added to Google Voice.…Google Voice will first call that phone…and once it's connected to you,…it will then connect you to the other person.…You can also call them through Google Hangouts.…If you call them through Google Hangouts,…you'll be calling them from your computer.…Google Voice will call their phone directly.…
If you decide you don't want to call the person,…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone