Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Recording incoming calls, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- Google Voice gives you the ability to record calls.…This currently only works for incoming calls.…That is, any call that anybody makes…to your Google Voice phone number.…You currently can't record any call that you make outbound.…You also currently can't record any conference calls.…But to enable the feature anyway,…click the gear icon on the top right hand side…and select Settings.…Change to the Calls tab…and place a checkbox next to Call Options.…This is to enable call recording,…call switching, and conference call options.…
Now, when anybody calls you and you wish to record…the call, at any time during the phone conversation,…press 4 on your phone's keypad.…Now because different states have different laws…about recording phone conversations,…Google Voice has a verbal announcement…saying that it's recording the call,…so that both parties know what's going on.…To find your recorded call,…on the left hand side in the navigation area,…hover your mouse over More, and select Recorded Calls.…
It looks just like a voicemail.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.