Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the interface, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- Now that I've set up Google Voice…and I've gotten some incoming phone messages,…let's go over how to navigate the Google Voice interface.…At the very top is the search bar…so that you can search all your text transcriptions…of your voicemails.…Over to the right the thumbnail icon will let you…move back and forth between various Google products.…You can also switch between the account…that you're currently signed in as…by clicking your avatar on the top right hand side.…Let's go way down to the bottom left hand side…of the screen.…
You can see how much monetary credit you have built up…for international calls from your computer.…You can also see what your Google Voice phone number is…if you want to give it out to other people.…You can click on that number and it will bring you…directly into the settings screen.…Up above that, is some blue links.…These blue links are new features from Google.…You can click on the drop down arrows,…read the new features, and either be prompted…to install that feature or you can click okay got it…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.