Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the Google Voice iPhone interface, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- Once you've downloaded the Google Voice app…from the App Store, tap on it to launch it.…There's four tabs at the bottom.…There's your "inbox," which is your voicemail inbox.…The "dialer," which is where you can make…outgoing calls and texts.…There's a "quick dial" feature,…in which you can put your favorite…and most recently called contacts in here.…And finally, there's "settings."…You can sign out of Google Voice completely.…You can enable "do not disturb mode,"…and you can also use "click to call."…"Click to call" works the same way…that making a phone call from your computer works.…
It will first call the phone, and then connect your call.…Let's go back to the "inbox" tab…because there's some things I want to show you here.…Clicking the three horizontal lines…at the very top left-hand side of the screen,…will bring up your navigation pane.…Here's where you can access your starred voicemails,…any text messages, and you can see calls that you placed,…received, missed, and recorded.…You can also access your spam folder.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.