Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Making outgoing calls and texts from your Google Voice number, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- View Offline
- To make a call using the Google Voice App on your iPhone,…launch the app and tap the dialer icon…on the bottom of the screen.…While making a call through the app…will still incur minutes,…a key benefit is that the call will appear…to be coming from your Google Voice number,…not your regular mobile number.…You're still free to use your regular phone's…dialer at any time, in which those calls…will still be sent from your regular mobile number.…To make a call, you can either tap the person icon…on the left-hand side to choose from your contacts…or, you can tap the number out.…
With the number visible, you can tap Text…to send a text message.…Simple start typing your message.…Text messages sent from the Google Voice app…goes against your data plan,…not your existing carrier's text message plan.…And again, outgoing texts will appear to be from…your Google Voice number, not your regular mobile number.…I'm gonna tap the X to get out of this.…To make a phone call, simply tap the Call button.…From there it's just like using your regular phone's dialer.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone