Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Making international calls, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- We'll talk about making calls within the United States…and Canada in the next video,…but for now let's talk about how you can make…international calls using Google Voice.…The first thing you need to make sure of…is that you have Google Voice credit.…Your credit is visible in the bottom left hand side…of the screen, but you can purchase more credit…by clicking the plus sign and selecting Add credit,…like I showed you in the last video.…I also showed you how to look up the rates per minute…of the country that you want to call.…To make an international call,…click the red call button on the top left hand side…of the screen.…
You can either dial the country code yourself,…by putting a plus sign in front of it,…or if you don't know the country code,…you can choose from the drop down by clicking…the arrow next to the flag.…Choose the country that you wanna call,…Google Voice will populate the country code…and then you can put in the rest of the number.…Finally, choose a phone to make the call from.…Google Voice connects to a U.S. access number…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.