Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a call with Google Hangouts, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- View Offline
- You may have used Google Hangouts all ready…to make a video call between family,…friends, and colleagues on your computer.…However, now through Google Voice,…you can make a computer to phone call.…To use Google Hangouts to make a call,…click the red Call button and enter the phone number…that you want to call.…In the Phone To Call With area, select Hangouts,…then click Connect.…Google Hangouts will open and you'll be prompted…to change the phone number if you want…or click the green Call button.…
Once you've clicked the green Call button,…you'll call the other person.…I'm going to hang up by clicking the Hang Up butoon…so I don't actually call the phone,…but that's how easy it is to use your computer's…speaker and microphone to make a call to an actual,…physical phone without using your mobile minutes…and without needing a long distance phone plan.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.