Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting a Google Voice number, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- It only takes a few minutes…to get a free Google Voice number.…Point your web browser to google.com/voice.…If you aren't already signed in,…you'll be prompted to sign in…or create a Google account…if you don't already have one.…This is the main Google Voice screen.…We'll go over the navigation…of your voicemail inbox in a later video.…But, for now, let's get a number.…On the left hand side, click Get a Voice number.…
You'll be prompted to choose a new number,…or use your mobile number.…Deciding to use your mobile number…only will give you Google Voice Lite.…That is voicemail capabilities only from Google.…I'll be choosing to get a new number,…which will give you that and a whole lot more.…But, there's one thing I wanna show you first.…I'm gonna click the x in the top…right hand side to close out of this.…If you previously used Google Voice Lite,…and you wanna get the full Google Voice capabilities,…you can convert.…
I'm gonna change to a different account…that already has Google Voice Lite…to show you where to go to find this exact same dialog.…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.