Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a conference call, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- It's easy to set up a simple conference call…in Google Voice.…You can have up to four people chatting…on the phone at the same time.…To set one up, you simply need to tell each person…when to call you, and to give them…your Google Voice phone number.…As each person calls, you can press 5 on…your phone's keypad to add them to the conversation.…And you'll be prompted; however,…you need to enable the speacher before it will work.…To do that click the "gear" icon…on the top right-hand side of the screen…and select "settings."…Change to the "calls" tab.…
In the "call options" section,…place a check box next to "enable recording,…"switch, and conferencing options on inbound calls."…It's important to note that conference calling…will only work when people call your Google phone number.…That's why it's important that you need to…give everybody a time to call…and have them call your Google Voice number.…As each person calls in, you'll be notified with a beep.…From there, if you answer the call…you'll be prompted by Google Voice…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.