Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking and forwarding calls, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- Let's go over how to block calls…and how to forward calls.…You can block a call from your voicemail…or your missed call history.…To block a call from voicemail…you can find the number that you wish to block,…select "more," and choose "block caller."…Whenever this particular number calls you,…they'll get a message from Google…that your number is out of service.…This is different than marking a number as spam.…To mark a number as spam,…place a check box next to it and select "spam."…What happens in this scenario,…is that whenever this particular number calls you again,…they'll get sent to your spam folder.…
They can still leave you a voicemail.…You just won't be notified about it.…But when you block a call, that caller won't even have…the ability to leave you a voicemail anymore.…If a number continues to call you,…but doesn't leave you a voicemail,…you can still block them.…Select "more" from your Google Voice inbox,…scroll down to "missed calls,"…and from here you have the same set of menu options.…Find the number that you wish to block,…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.