Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding existing phone lines to Google Voice, part of Google Voice Essential Training (2015).
- Now it's time to add the rest of our phone lines…to Google Voice.…To adding existing phones, click the gear icon…on the right hand side and choose Settings.…Click Add another phone on the bottom of the screen.…Here's where you can put in the name,…for example, this is my home landline…that I'm going to add now.…After that, put in the phone's number.…Then choose the phone type.…You can add your home phone.…
You can add your work phone.…You can add multiple phones.…That's the beauty of Google Voice.…Somebody can call one number…and it will ring all of these phones.…This is my home phone, so I'll choose Home.…I'll click the Save button.…And now I need to go through the process…that I did with the first phone that I set up.…I have to prove that this is my number.…When I have the phone at my side,…click the Connect button, and I'll be prompted…to enter this code.…
(telephone ring)…- Welcome to Google Voice.…Please enter your two digit verification number.…(keypad beeping)…Your new number is verified.…- When your phone is verified,…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 11m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.