Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Activating Google voicemail, part of Google Voice Essential Training.
- Now that we have a Google Voice number…and it's linked to my mobile phone,…the first thing I'm going to want to do is go in…and activate Google voicemail for that phone.…On the right-hand side of the screen…click the gear icon and choose settings.…This is going to bring us into Google Voice settings.…Make sure you're on the phone's tab.…From here, I can see that my mobile phone is active…with Google Voice, as that was the first number…that I set up when I activated my account.…
The first thing I want to do is place a check box next…to Receive text messages on this phone,…and secondly to Notify me of new voicemails via text.…This is a great feature of Google Voice.…Sometimes I can't answer the phone,…But I can get a text transcription of…that voicemail via text.…So even if I can't be speaking on a phone…in a public place, I can at least look at the phone,…look at the text and see if it's something important.…
The next step is to activate Google voicemail…directly on this phone.…That means that my Google voicemail can override…
Then find out how to configure Voice's rules to ring all your phones, filter calls straight to voicemail, have voicemails delivered via email or text, and more. The course also explores recording inbound calls, using Voice on mobile phones, and making international calls, video calls, computer-to-computer calls, and more.
- Choosing between Google Voice and Google Voice Lite
- Getting a Google Voice number
- Activating and working with voicemail
- Blocking and forwarding calls
- Recording incoming calls
- Making international and domestic calls
- Making calls with Google Hangouts
- Sending text messages
- Using Google Voice on a mobile phone
Skill Level Beginner
Going Paperless: Start to Finishwith Suzanna Kaye2h 17m Appropriate for all
Setting Up Your Mobile Office to Work from Anywherewith Jess Stratton2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Google Voice
2. Working with Your Voicemail
3. Using Google Voice
4. Making Calls with Google Voice
5. Using Google Voice on Your Mobile Phone
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.