Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding and using custom HTML tags, part of Google Tag Manager (V2) Essential Training.
- View Offline
- So far we have seen how you can utilize the built-in tags,…such as AdWords, Google Analytics, ClickTale and so on,…and while Google does include some…of the most commonly used tags,…this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface…of the tags a site owner may have to manage.…Remember earlier, when we looked at CNN…and the New York Times and saw that they had…dozens of tags firing on each and every page?…Most of those are not included here as pre-loaded tags.…That doesn't mean that Google Tag Manager can't handle them.…Let's take a look at how this works with a custom tag.…When we come here and we select a new tag.…
This course provides the skills to get up and running with Google Tag Manager quickly. It explores how to set up Tag Manager accounts and containers, use turnkey tags, create rules and macros, control versions and user access, debug tags, configure custom tags, and add code to capture specific Google Analytics events. Authored by GTM expert Corey Koberg, this course also provides crucial, time-saving best practices for working with Tag Manager.
Note: to keep the training as universal as possible, we use the nonmobile version of GTM, and configure it for a generic WordPress site. Your specific implementation will be dependent on how your site is coded.
- Creating an account and container
- Installing containers
- Using built-in tags from Analytics, ClickTale, and other services
- Working with variables
- Firing events with triggers
- Creating versions
- Using custom tags
- Implementing a data layer