Join Corey Koberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Google Tag Manager (V2) Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Hopefully by now you're up and running…with Google Tag Manager.…We've covered a lot ground, but there's so much more…to dive into if you're interested in learning more.…We hope we've struck the right balance…between simplifying and still showing the power…and depth of this fantastic free tool.…But I'd love to hear your feedback,…so don't be shy about letting us know…what you'd like to hear more about,…or reaching out to me directly on Twitter.…As far as places to learn more,…certainly for those of you who are using this…to implement Google Analytics, which I know…many of you are, I'm the author of both…the Essentials and the Tips and Tricks course,…which is a bit more advanced.…
This course provides the skills to get up and running with Google Tag Manager quickly. It explores how to set up Tag Manager accounts and containers, use turnkey tags, create rules and macros, control versions and user access, debug tags, configure custom tags, and add code to capture specific Google Analytics events. Authored by GTM expert Corey Koberg, this course also provides crucial, time-saving best practices for working with Tag Manager.
Note: to keep the training as universal as possible, we use the nonmobile version of GTM, and configure it for a generic WordPress site. Your specific implementation will be dependent on how your site is coded.
- Creating an account and container
- Installing containers
- Using built-in tags from Analytics, ClickTale, and other services
- Working with variables
- Firing events with triggers
- Creating versions
- Using custom tags
- Implementing a data layer